Weekly links from the IoT and M2M industry.
1. Good article on ‘Why open hardware matters’
Interesting to see Arduino and BeagleBone collaborating. Lots of people think Raspberry Pi is open hardware but in reality it is just really accessible hardware. It also seems like the Raspberry Pi has even bigger ambitions to be the hardware for IoT.
2, MQTT goodness this week
- From Dave Locke (co-project leader of Paho): Scratch 2.0 + NodeRed + MQTT = Visual programming and Visual Integration
- MQTT running on the Arduino Yun
3. Gartner survey indicates CEOs aren’t buying the IoT hype.
Not terribly surprising but I think the hype is just starting. :-) It does indicate we need to have more user stories about IoT successes.
4. Lots of M2M/ IoT sessions at EclipseCon. Yes a shameless link to my blog post.