There were a lot of great speakers and sessions at EclipseCon 2013. Based on the evaluations from attendees and estimate crowd sizes for each session, I am please to present the top 10 speakers and top 10 most popular sessions.
Most Popular Sessions
(Based on a rough count of attendees by the room monitor.)
- The Art of Java Performance Tuning - Ed Merks
- Modern UIs with JavaFX, OSGi, and e4 and the tooling provided by e(fx)clipse – Tom Schindl
- Code Recommenders: Developers come and go but the code remains – Andreas Sewe and Marcel Bruch
- Deploying Heterogeneous Artifacts to the Cloud with OSGi - Neil Bartlett
- >Shake that FUD; How to migrate your Eclipse 3 legacy code to Eclipse 4 - Wim Jongman and Lars Vogel
- EMF Dos and Don’ts – Maximilian Koegel and Edgar Mueller
- Xtended JavaFX - Sven Efftinge and Thomas Schindl
- Injection in Eclipse 4: All you need to know about it - Oliver Prouvost
- Bling: The GPU powered Game IDE – Tony McCrary
- Eclipse 4 Goes Formal: API You Can Rely On: – Eric Moffatt
Most Popular Speakers
(Based on attendee evaluations. To make the list, the session needed to receive feedback from at least 15 attendees. This is a completely arbitrary number I selected since I wanted to make sure there was enough feeback from a variety of people.)
- Sven Efftinge and Thomas Schindl - Xtended JavaFX
- Dan Mezick - Scrum: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Sven Efftinge - Internal DSLs with Xtend
- Eike Stepper - Now that I’ve Got a Model – Where’s my Application?
- Max Rydahl Andersen - A tale about a Big SVN to Git Migration
- Wim Jongman and Lars Vogel - Shake that FUD; How to migrate your Eclipse 3 legacy code to Eclipse 4
- Emilio Palmiero and Pascal Rapicault – Building an in-house Eclipse support team
- Tamar Cohen - NASA uses Eclipse RCP applications for experiments on the International Space Station
- Thomas Schindl - Modern UIs with JavaFX, OSGi, and e4 and the tooling provided by e(fx)clipse
(tied for 9th)
- Alexandra Schladebeck - Designing software with users and testers in mind
- Jan Sievers and Tobias Oberlies - Building Eclipse Plug-ins and RCP Applications with Tycho
- Mikael Barbero - EMF.Edit: the Force Unleashed!
There were a lot of other great speakers and sessions at EclipseCon. Thank you to all the speakers who made the conference a great experience!